Handling uncertain times
A guide to peace
If you aren't in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.
The Covid-19 Pandemic has opened a can of worms, of uncertain time, of unexpected problems and far-away solutions. Though, it will also aid us in forming an absolutely full-proof strategy that will lift one’s spirits whenever and wherever needed.
It is obvious that life is road lined with both flowers and rocks, and it can get pretty uncertain at times. From emotional issues, relationship problems, work stress, social ups and downs to just the feeling of being low or demotivated- it is a road we all have walked on, such stressful times are a part and parcel of life.
But it is equally essentially to get out of such times, unscathed and feeling motivated.
Everybody naturally has some coping strategies, things that our minds or consciousness have bookmarked as a tried and tested way of feeling better. Some effective ways common in people of all ages and weathers are- journaling, meditation or reconnecting with a closed one.
However, there are also people and strategies that make one feel worse or weighed down, in such situations, one may turn to alcohol or adrenaline seeking sports or drugs.
So, how can one find new ways to cope with uncertain or low times of life? It is vital to be aware of how stress affects you, if you turn recluse, if you seek more companions or if you sleep or can’t sleep at all, every little thing helps in understanding what strategies to apply.
You might also be interested in
tips to maintain good mental health
Taking care of your mental health is just as important as taking care of your physical health. Here are a few tips to help you maintain a good mental state.
how havoc can help you
Seeking help is often the first step towards getting and staying well, but it can be hard to know how to start or where to turn to.
At havoc access the right support and talk to someone who understands what young people go through
Here are some techniques to handle stress and uncertainty in a positive way:
1. Meditation- Channeling your consciousness through yog and meditation is a life-affirming method to lift you up. Meditation creates an absolute halo around, devoid of thought and noise and stress, it is grounding and has been scientifically proven to reduce stress and anxiety.
2. Doing what you love: Our body and mind are intrinsically aware of what can lend peace to us, we seek it, semi-consciously, but sometimes it is harder to actually do. This happens due to distress, mostly associated with the feeling of not being good enough; the best way to get out of it is to try; try journaling even if you have hard time finding inspiration, try reading even if it is hard to concentrate, slowly and steadily the mind will accept what the heart desires.
3. Change of routine: Sometimes the monotonousness of life creeps into the emotional state of a person, changing the set ways and schedules comes a long way in making one feel better. One can wake up early, change eating habits and diet, try a new exercise, reduce digital screen time, etc.
4. Re-connecting with family, friends and acquaintances; Man is a social animal and one’s whole life in spent in different spheres of society. Engaging in activities or discussions or new holistic ventures with family or friends strengthens the bond and also aids in losing the wave of stress and uncertainty.
Methods like this help in:
1. Re-establishing confidence
2. Aiding in motivation
3. Improving concentration
4. Creating awareness of wellbeing needs
And beyond all this, one needs to have hope and strength, to practice measures to relieve the mind and heart but also to seek help whenever needed.
get professional support
If you feel you need help there are a range of ways we can support you.
visit our center
online and phone services
work & study
Uncertainty always creates doubt, and doubt creates fear.